whoohoooo, we have been nominated for the liebster award by alan hoekman. his blog is very entertaining and witty, especially his ’news at a glance‘ section is definitely worth a visit. so, go check it out.
but what is the liebster award all about?
1) thank the person who nominated you
2) answer the 11 question they have asked you
3) nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return
(according to the liebster award guidelines only bloggers with less than 200 followers shall be nominated to help them gain more followers & build a community.)
let’s get started then.
1) what do you blog about?
we blog about all things related to being/ feeling HOME. sowearehome is about arriving at the place you feel most comfortable, happy & settled, about finding what you’re looking for. this blog is also intended to become a platform for people who wish to exchange tips, infos, thoughts, photo material and stories about what they feel is home, about their adventures, their favourite coffee, …, and …
2) can you give 11 random facts about yourself?
1/ we are christiane & jens, both in our thirty-somethings
2/ we got married in 2009 after dating for 10 years.
3/ we have a son who is 3 and currently loves to sing all the time.
4/ our tiny, adorable black fat cat lady is almost 13 years old & hasn’t gotten any less silly over the years. au contraire. she is (for instance) very fond of watching water moving, so much so, that she tips over her water bowl almost every day to watch how the water runs along the floor…fantastic.
5/ we have been running an indie record label for 3 years, and wouldn’t want to miss this experience and time. we met so many great people and artists along the line…
6/ by the by, jens‘ music alter ego is udosson.
7/ i am blogging in german as well sharing my sewing catastrophes and mama thoughts over at taate.de
8/ c: i love sewing & just managed to finish a tulle skirt i have been meaning to sew together for like 3 months…
9/ j: i am 6.5 feet tall
10/ c: i am 5,18 ‚tall‘ ;D
11/ coffee will always be freshly ground & brewed in our home #thirdwave #coffeenerds
3. what is something you’ve been loving lately?
we have enjoyed picnics on our balcony a lot lately. since we do not (yet) have proper chairs and a table on the balcony, we just spread our picnic blanket and had dinner picnic style. BIG HIT!
4. what is it you love most about blogging?
writing, telling a story & sharing it with other people. blogging is a great way to ‚meet‘ new people and be inspired.
5. if you had 3 wishes, what would they be? umm, wishes, that’s a difficult one, since it’s true that you should be careful what you wish for. you never know the consequences your wish might have. of course we’d wish for our family to stay healthy and enjoy a long, long time together, or that we always choose the right path, or that we’re never suprised by an empty coffee jar in the morning (ok, kidding), but i guess, the great thing about wishes actually is, that not all of them can be fulfilled. makes you cherish the ones that come true even more. besides, the ones that won’t be fulfilled will make room for new ideas, hopes and wishes. so, here is to our hopes & dreams.
6. where does your blog inspiration come from?
everyday life, basically, including the usual chaos, twists, music finds, interesting reads etc…
7. what is one country in the world you would like to visit? why?
we’d love to go back to japan. we have spent 3 months travelling around the country and still draw from this experience. besides, i (c) have studied japanese, sooooo, it might be a good idea to freshen up my skills (not sure whether I can still call them SKILLS.. 😉 )
we’d also love to travel around NZ, the pictures we’ve seen of it & the stories we’ve heard make it hard to think we’d never go there ourselves…
8. Do you have kids or pets?
yes, both. not sure which one is more hilarious. well, the kid always wins… 😉 <3
9. what do you do for a living? your day job?
c: as for my dayjob, i am working at the local university. at night & whenenver possible, i am working as a freelance blogger/ writer & am planning to focus more on content management
j: i am a freelance motion graphics designer
10. what is something you do when you need to take time for yourself?
listening to music always helps, but also: reading (c), playing basketball (j), sewing (c) or making music (j)
11. where do you see yourself in five years time?
at home. wherever & whatever it may be. enough said.
1) who are you?
2) what is something people would be surprised to know about you?
3) what do you blog about & why?
4) what is the story behind your blog name?
5) what is something you’ve been loving lately?
6) what are you currently listening to? (favourite music)
7) where would you want to travel next?
8) what is your favourite food & would you mind sharing (a link to) the recipe?
9) what has been your biggest challenge?
10) what makes you smile?
11) what is HOME for you?
we are thrilled to read your answers.
have a great day wherever you are, folks.
christiane & jens – sowearehome